Do you wake up every morning to dress up for work and just wish that you could do it all real quick, say 15 minutes or less? Well, a little help from us, and you certainly can! Looking sharp at work is as important as your work.
Dressing up for the part is definitely half the battle won, right?
Your clothes are the first thing others notice about you and as we all know, sometimes, your first impression can be the last impression.
Which is why we spoke to stylist Esha Nithin to shoo away your corporate look woes!
Meet Esha Nithin:
A graduate from one of the most reputed Fashion universities in London, The University for the Creative Arts (UCA). She has an immense sense of style and fashion and has assisted in styling mega-celebrities like Jamie Dornan, Amelia Dornan, Emeli Sande, etc.
Post her graduation, she has worked with big industry names like Rashmika Mandanna and work on prestigious shows such as the Rajasthan Heritage Week hosted by Prasad Bidapa. She has styled campaigns for Zago, the calendar shoot for Provoke Magazine and her work has been featured in a few London Magazines like Disorder, Proof and Metal.
Having accomplished so much at a young age, we got her to share a few tips with us regarding the do’s and dont’s of corporate dressing and how to get ready within 15 minutes! You can thank us later!
1. What is the first rule of corporate dressing?
Ans: To have a perfectly complete corporate look, a pair of well-fitted pants, a shirt
and a suit jacket is a must.
If your office environment is not all about formals a smart pair of fitted flared
jeans or palazzo pants with a fitted top is comfortable and chic at the same
2. Three quick steps while dressing up or work: (Tips to get ready in around
Ans: It’s simple really! There are a few steps one can follow
- Segregate your wardrobe according to casual, work, party etc
- Have an outfit in mind the night before and keep it ready if you can so that you don’t have to rush in the morning
- Add a quick touch of kajal, blush, and lip colour. If you want to add a step further, apply a coat of mascara. It really helps your makeup pop
- Keep it simple and comfortable
- Layer your clothes, as in, wear a jacket, a long overcoat, or a shrug. It always gives a smart look
- Wear a watch, it completes your outfit and makes you look professional
3. Items/Fashion essentials one MUST have for work:
Ans: A few fashion essentials I recommend are:
- Black Heels / Formal shoes
- A watch
- A semi-formal jacket or a blazer depending on your office environment
- Ethnic kurtas and various coloured leggings if you have a formal office environment
- Knee length fitted skirts
4. Any fashion faux pas to avoid while dressing up for work?
Ans: There are a few things you must avoid while dressing up for work to avoid looking clumsy or ill-dressed. A few are:
- Wearing anything with shoulder pads
- Low waisted jeans with crop tops (look below and don’t repeat it for work!)
- Socks and Sandals
- Ill-fitted clothes
- Running shoes with formal clothes
5. What kind of prints work best (especially for summer)?
Ans: Florals are a Godsend. Abstract prints are always a pleasure to work with.
Stripes are tricky but fun. Vertical stripes make you look taller and slimmer and if you are skinny, horizontal stripes will add an effect of extra weight.
View this post on Instagram
#Repost Stargirl @rashmika_mandanna in the Stargirl Shirt from The Evolution Edit. ??? . . . Loved the styling by @jukalker; assisted by @pratimajukalkar ?? MUA @makeupbyharika ? @eshaangirri? .? You can shop her look at the link in our bio! ? .? .? .? #PostFoldOnMe #rashmikamandanna
6. Brands you would recommend: (Both high-budget and medium-budget
Ans: High Budget brands:
Zara, Marks & Spencer, Mango, Guess, Aldo, Roush, Charles and Keith, Steve Madden, Call it Spring
View this post on Instagram
#OpenWorkCulture is slowly but surely taking the professional world by storm. Fashion influencer @_mehaksethi_ speaks on what it means to her. #Repost @_mehaksethi_ ??? I've never been the one to confine myself to the rules of a desk job! And that's what I love most about what I do everyday. Whether it’s on shoot, on vacay or while finding inspiration for my next style series – I prefer to work from wherever I am. The rules of corporate work wear style have changed with #openworkculture. From brainstorming from cafes to answering emails on the go, it’s a fluid work life that new age India is celebrating. I am going to show you some cool work wear looks from Monday to Friday using All @allensollyindia X @livafashionin Monday Look – Flow in to the future with this maroon print @allensollyindia X @livafashionin blouse teamed with slim fit skirt . Finish this look with boots and a marron hand bag . Look for LIVA tag across Allen Solly stores to shop this look. MUA – @ashimakhanna_makeovers ?? ?- @pradeep_bhartiya ?
Medium Budget brands:
Allen Solly, Vero Moda, Only, H&M, Forever 2, Promod, Lifestyle, Westside, Ginger, Catwalk, Baata
So, what say girls, which tip did you like the best? Let us know in the comments below.
Featured image source: Instagram/postfold