The festival season is officially about, to begin with, the harvest festival of North India, Baisakhi. It falls on April 13th every year and it marks the onset for winter harvest. It’s one of the most important festivals of the Sikh community and this day holds special importance for farmers as Baisakhi marks the time for the harvest of Rabi (winter) crops. Singing, dancing and feasting are a part of Baisakhi celebration, along with organizing mela are held in several states.
With the coronavirus outbreak, outdoor celebrations are of course, out of the question. Worry not, you can still celebrate the festival by cooking some of the amazing Punjabi dishes at home with the basic ingredients that you have in your kitchen. We got in touch with food bloggers Arpita, Madhurima and Chefs Varun Inamdar, Sabyasachi Gorai and Chef Karann Talwar, Managing Director and the Gastronome Chef, Kitchen Kraft Luxury Catering who shared easy Punjabi dishes recipes. Scroll down, peeps!
1. Ajwaini Paneer Tikka By Food Blogger Arpita
2. Kadhi Pakora By Food Blogger Arpita
3. Dal Tadka By Chef Varun Inamdar
4. Walnut Rice Pudding By Chef Sabyasachi Gorai
5. Punjabi Dhaba Style Shahi Paneer, By Chef Karann Talwar
6. Chana Masala By Food Blogger Madhurima
7. Dal Bukhara By Food Blogger Madhurima