There a number of career women out there who are terrific at multi-tasking and wearing many hats at the same time. Even then, it is becoming increasingly common for these high flying female professionals to find less time for themselves. As they juggle through different roles in their day to day life, basic essentials like fitness, healthy eating start to get skipped leading to harmful long-term results.
Our media-centered society of today, however, puts a premium on good health and physical well-being, and this is not something that women can afford to take for granted despite their busy schedules. Neglecting your health can have long-term adverse effects on your health, and as they say, prevention is still always better than the cure. No matter how busy your life may get, there are little changes that you can do to take the step to be a healthier and fitter you. In this special feature New York-based celebrity yoga instructor Kristin Mcgee who herself is an inspiring entrepreneur and fitness professional, shares 10 fitness tips for career women. These simple to follow fitness tips for career women are certain to keep you sexy, good looking and fit even while you work around the clock juggling your many hats.
- Carry a gym bag with you that can double as a great stylish bag.
- Go shopping and mark or buy a dress that you would love to fit into. Make fitting into the dress as your target. Look at it every day as a means of inspiration and motivation. Imagine yourself in that dress being the center of attention at a party while you slog it out on a treadmill
Sneak in Some Exercise
- Sneak in more walking, meet a friend at lunch for a walk, take the stairs whenever you can and find ways to move more throughout your day. Even tapping your feet when you are at your desk makes a huge difference.
- You may think it’s crazy to have a thera-band in a desk drawer, but you can do small toning moves at your desk sans equipment. My favorites include triceps dips off your desk chair, leg extensions while seated, twists with the desk chair as a prop and tiny squats just lift an inch and lower your butt when seated. If you aren’t shy with props, stash an exercise band in a desk drawer and do triceps extensions and bicep curls with it
- Find a great videos/app and do a quick workout at home in the AM or PM. There are so many options now with workouts ranging from 15-50 minutes in length. You don’t have to work out for an hour every day. As little as 20 minutes a day (if it’s intense) 3 times a week is sufficient. You can do as little or as much as you have time for.
- Yoga at your desk is possible! You can stretch your arms overhead periodically, twist out your back, do a quad stretch holding on to your desk chair or fold one ankle over the opposite knee and stretch out your hips.
Make it Social
- Go out dancing or turn on some tunes when you get home and dance around your living room. Music is the best motivator. Make some great playlists to do workouts to while you’re at it, and you’re more likely to stick with your exercise routine longer.
Eat and Drink Healthy
- Make sure to always be armed with an arsenal of healthy snacks. Carry an altoid tin full of raw almonds (perfect portion size for any nut), keep soy nuts, oranges, bananas, apples, baby bell cheeses and high-quality low sugar protein bars in your bag, purse or desk drawer.
- Never show up for cocktails on an empty stomach. Pop 5 to 6 raw almonds from your altoid tin before you imbibe. Or if you are in a pinch ask the bartender for a few olives to coat your stomach before sipping your first drink. Order 2 appetizers for dinner or if you order a meal make sure to stick with just one extra drink, an appetizer or a dessert, not all 3.
Now those are 10 fitness tips for Career Women which if followed religiously can became an awesome habit designed to make you feel sexy, healthy and full of life.
Note – This is a guest post by Kristin Mcgee. Now, no matter where you are you can practice yoga with Kristin, courtesy of her Livestream classes. Learn more about this technological breakthrough here.